WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that enables you to create a website or blog from scratch, or to improve an existing website. It’s a free and open-source platform that is relatively easy to use, yet it provides a wide range of features and options.
With WordPress, you can choose from thousands of themes and plugins to customise your site’s appearance and functionality. You can also create custom post types and taxonomies, and take advantage of powerful features such as custom fields and customiser panels.
Because WordPress is a CMS, it makes it easy to manage your website’s content, users, and settings.
It’s used by millions of people around the world, including many large organisations, such as The Guardian, Forbes, and The New York Times.
Some key facts about WordPress:
- First released in 2003 by co-founders Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
- Written in PHP and uses a MySQL database.
- Available in over 70 languages.
- Powers 34% of the internet.
- Used by 60 million people.
- Free and open-source software released under the GPL.
WordPress is used by millions of people around the world, including many large organizations, such as The Guardian, Forbes, and The New York Times. WordPress is popular because it is easy to use and flexible enough to be used for a wide variety of websites and applications.
Some benefits of using WordPress include:
- free and open source software.
- used by millions of people around the world.
- easy to use.
- flexible enough to be used for a wide variety of websites and applications.
- available in many languages.
- constantly being improved by a large community of developers.
WordPress is an incredibly powerful and versatile platform that can be used for a wide variety of websites and applications. Whether you’re looking to create a simple blog or a complex website, WordPress is a great choice.
More WordPress Resources