There are literally thousands of WordPress themes out there, so it really depends on what you’re looking for.
If you want a specific look or set of functions from your theme, you’ll need to be more specific in your research. Think about what is the highest priority for your project and start there, to save time trawling around.
Generally speaking, however, there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a WordPress theme:
- Make sure the theme is compatible with the version of WordPress you’re using.
- Choose a theme that is responsive, meaning it will look good on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Consider the overall design and layout of the theme. Does it match the style of your website?
- Make sure the theme includes all the features and functionality you need.
- Check the reviews and ratings of the theme before you install it.
Here are some popular themes we’ve used and like a lot for different projects:
- Kadence WP
You could use these as a starting point. It all comes down to what you like working with and the needs of your project. For instance, Flatsome is a fantastic, easy-to-use and powerful theme that’s designed around WooCommerce, for online store owners. Diagnoseo is a very lightweight theme that is ideal for simpler, minimalistic blogs.