Plugins are a powerful way to add functionality to your WordPress site. Here’s how to install and use plugins:
- To install a plugin, go to the “Plugins” menu in your dashboard and click on the “Add New” button. From there, you can search for plugins by keyword or browse through the available categories.
- Once you’ve found a plugin you want to install, click on the “Install Now” button. WordPress will download and install the plugin for you.
- After the plugin is installed, click on the “Activate” button to activate it.
- Some plugins will add new menu items to your dashboard, while others will add new features or settings to existing dashboard pages. To configure a plugin, go to the appropriate menu or settings page and follow the instructions provided by the plugin.
- To deactivate or delete a plugin, go to the “Plugins” menu in your dashboard, find the plugin you want to manage, and click on the “Deactivate” or “Delete” link.
Note: Be careful when installing and activating plugins, as they can potentially break your site if they are incompatible with your theme or other plugins. It’s a good idea to test plugins on a staging site or in a local development environment before installing them on your live site.